Sunday, March 30, 2008

Only Solitude

Sitting placidly under the morning sun
With no one around in sight
No one to talk to as I dwindle in my loneliness
Here, my contemplation is high
My boredom is a never ending cycle
And yet this loneliness of mine brings a sort of serenity
I feel calm with my solitude
Knowing I am by myself with no one to bother me
I am free from conversation, high on thoughts
Free from obligation for a while

Only my solitude comforts me at this moment
Only my solitude acting as a friend

Who cares if I am sitting here alone?
No one and I don't give a damn
Because I am what I am
I am alone, I am no one
Just an eccentric minority by himself on a bench
Doing nothing with everything on my mind
And still the world around me continues to go by
While I linger in this meditation
Feeling as though I would lose my mind at any moment

Only my solitude is here by my side
Only my solitude is helping me to cope with myself.

No comments: